Why yes sir it sure will. I just need more mics and that other XLR peace. To be able to capture in full 5.1 with it. That my homy is why I went with the H6 over the H5. Which the H5 is what people grab most along with my AT-8022 mic. But I wana record in 5.1 at least so got the h6. Now just got to lurn an actual DAW which will exept the 6 files on their own and allow you to pan them to 5.1 surround.

On 12/23/2018 11:44 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
The H6 is a wonderful machine and will do you well in the meantime.

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io <all-audio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Monday, 24 December 2018 3:39 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Nots on the Zoom F8N Multi Track Field Recorder

Wow sounds epic! I wish I had the dough for 1.

On 12/23/2018 6:58 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Hi,

I am very pleased to say that everything seems to be going according
to planned and I wil have my Zoom F8N in early January so I have been
doing my homework and reading the manual which is an absolute monster of a
document.

Whilst many functions of the recorder will take me some time to master
I believe many of the more important functions I will be able to learn
quite quickly.

For example there are track selector keys on the unit. Selecting
individual tracks is a bit of an unknown at this time but I do know
that selecting the l-r stereo tracks is as simple as holding down the keys
together.

I was under the impression that the Zoom F8N only recorded 8 tracks,
it can actually record 10 - 8 separate tracks along with a stereo
microphone track or extension XLR/TRS capsule if you would rather -.

The machine will record all the way up to 192KHZ at 24-bit so plenty
of scope.

Here's what possibly may be the most important discovery I have made.

The Zoom F8N can be controlled by a USB keyboard.

As to what extent this feature has been implemented I don't know but I
do know that keyboard shortcuts are available and can be defined.

The most obvious function of the keyboard control is the ability to
enter track and project names.

That's about it for now and obviously January 2019 can't come quickly
enough.

In the meatime I trust all of you will have a Very Merry Christmas and
see you all back here Safe and Sound in the New year.