Hi there and congratulations on acquiring one of the new iPad Pro machines, I’m
envious <smile>
Okay so down to business.
Recommendations have been offered and I have used some of them, the Blue Yetti
comes to mind but that microphone has some disadvantages.
Firstly the cost may very well be a problem for some list members though if you
have. Bought an iPad Pro then cost probably isn’t an issue so much.
If you want something cheaper which does the job very nicely for spoken word
then you may consider the Logitech desktop USB microphone.
Its a plastic swivel microphone but for $20 or so it is very good value for
money.
The unit just sits on a desk and can be moved up and down.
On the base there is a mute button and at the rear of the base a rather long
USB connection lead.
As for connecting to your iPad Pro? All you will need is a USB to USB-C adapter
which Apple sell.
No doubt you could get cheaper USB to USB-C adapters on the open market too if
you so desire.
And that is pretty much all you need so happy recording.