From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit
Campos
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2019 9:58 AM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Zoom F8N Notes

Ah cool. Ah another mic I'd be curious to hear which Neal did demo with
the H6 is the AT-4021. Since it's 2 AT-4021s that make up my AT-8022
stereo mic. Which by the way is the sucessor to the AT-822. Which is
another mic I love to hear Neal demo. As for his dinamics I kinda like
the Beta 58A.

On 1/8/2019 12:21 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
> Yes I'll use the capsule from the H6 first and then I'll probably end up
getting the Capsule extension lead, haven't made up my mind as to what
microphones I'll be using yet.

>> On 9 Jan 2019, at 1:34 am, Hamit Campos <hamitcam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Pure epicness dude. I'm mad jealous dude. can't wait to hear it. So, are
you gonna use the snap off peaces from the H6 then? Or do you have
condencers? Man I'd love to hear the Rode NT1-A into this thing. That's my
favorite of Neal's mics. I'd love a pare of NT1-A's

>> On 1/8/2019 3:38 AM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I received my Zoom F8N today and yes I'll probably need a bit of help to
get the machine going but after that I don't think I'll have too many
problems.
>>> Firstly level adjustments it seems are controlled by analogue dials, one
dial for each track.
>>> These dials have pointers so you know what position they're adjusted
too, halfway is completely vertical.
>>> The track selection keys are marked by a series of small dots each.
>>> Turning the recorder on and off is different from all Zoom recorders
I've had in the past and is achieved by means of a small button in the
bottom right on the control panel which is rather cramped and contains quite
a few buttons, dials and knobs so if you have big fingers this may take a
little getting used to.
>>> The sight of the F8N was somewhat of shock and is unlike all other Zoom
recorders I've seen.
>>> The F8N is in a complete metal housing and reminds me of a small car
radio in shape similar to the one's I used to mount in car dashboards when I
was working at Hillman Spares all those years ago.
>>> The design is straight forward, the front panel being taken up by the
display on the left and the control panel on the right.
>>> On each side are the various XLR/TRS inputs, outputs, USB socket and SD
card slots.
>>> On. The back are 2 BMC sockets and the Zoom Capsule connector along with
a DC input for the supplied power adapter and battery door screw.
>>> The Battery door opens on the bottom of the recorder for the insertion
of 8 AA batteries for portable use.
>>> The F8N sits proudly on a desk or a table curtesy of the 4 square rubber
feet in each  corner.
>>> So that's as far as I've managed to get at this stage and I'll write
more as I progress.

>>> "And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space cause
there's bugger-all down here on earth"

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.