Yeah either that or actually what I believe and no offence to anyone that does use the IPhone for real work, they may expect that musicians and whom ever else would use the IPad for true production and serious work. I don't think so with the battery thing because the H6 uses it's own. The choice for the IPad is called stereo mix IPad battery. Any of the H6's choices that end with battery mean that it'll use it's own batteries. I wish there were a way to put an external battry between the IPhone or IPad and the H6. You can power the H6 with those power bank things to recharge your IPhone.