At Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:46:42 +0100,
Richard Bown wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 10:36, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > using the versioned symbols is a good idea.  it should go into
> > libasound.so.3 to avoid the further confliction.
>
> I don't know about anyone else but I'm really confused.
>
> All I know is that JACK CVS doesn't build out of the box with ALSA CVS now
> and that to me says "painful".  But hey, I'm an app developer and I'm allowed
> to whinge.  Right?

yes, you can, but it'd be better to say what you prefer to.

we're trying to keep the compatibility from the old versions.  it's
exactly what you want.
Jaroslav showed the double interface with different version numbering,
and I suggested to add new functions instead of replacement.

> Wake me up when it's all over.

please give comments before going to bed.
(otherwise you will lose the right to whinge ;)
the decision should not be done self-righteously.

ciao,