--- Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Wed,
18 Sep 2002, Chris Rankin wrote:
> Note: If
> SND_COMPATIBILITY_BUILD_RC3 is defined,
> then applications need to fall back to 0.9.0rc3 API
> as well.

So maybe we could have a --with-compat-rc3 option for
alsa-utils as well? Regardless of which alsa-lib I
build, I always need to be able to build alsa-utils.
And I doubt that wine and xine will get updated before
-rc4 is released. (Unless there's a document somewhere
explaining the relationship between the old and new
API functions, in which case I could submit patches
myself.)

Chris