At Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:49:50 +0200 (METDST),
Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> > I compiled with debug, i see these errors:
> >
> > kernel: ALSA sound/usb/usbmixer.c:348: cannot set ctl value: req =
> > 0x4, wValue = 0x201, wIndex = 0xe00, type = 4, data = 0x18/0x0
>
> The driver tried to set control 14 to the value 24. I don't know if
> this is allowed when the resolution is 48.
>
> Takashi, could you please look in to this?

this is ok.  it's SET_RES call, and the driver was trying to reduce
the resolution to minimum in the loop in get_min_max() function.

is there any similar message with "req = 0x1" ?  this corresponds to
SET_CUR command, which will modify the current value.  if this fails,
it's a real problem.

Takashi