"Winton H. E.  Davies" <wdav...@cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> Hi, I haven't used my Altusmetrum for a year or so. Battery seems
> completely flat. When I connect to the USB cable no LEDs come on, unless I
> press the on-switch, at which point I get a red and yellow flashing at the
> same time and a constant be-be-be-be-be-be-be-be-be -- Any ideas? Scared it
> might have died!! Have a launch Saturday morning!

As Casey says, it seems like the battery is really (really) dead. If
you've got a version 1.x board, the charge controller will trickle
charge the battery if it isn't happy, and you can expect the light to stay
out until the battery has enough of a charge for the controller chip to
figure out what's going on and start charging at full rate. That may
take a few hours. I'd leave it overnight and see if it's happy in the
morning.

And then, I'd be testing the battery by leaving the board on and
disconnected from USB for a couple of hours to make sure the battery
can actually run the board for the entire flight; if the battery is
damaged due to the discharge, it may have a dramatically reduced
capacity...

-keith