Chris Attebery <chrisattebery1...@gmail.com> writes:

> I made an L3 attempt today but it ended with an early deployment. I had a
> Telemetrum V2 and an RRC2+ onboard. I had a video camera with a shroud in
> the bay with the electronics. I'm pretty sure that it caused some sort of
> barametric disturbance and caused one of the altimeters to deploy its main
> charge. I don't really care which one, but I'd like to see if the data
> supports this. Can any of you take a look at my flight data file and tell
> me what you think?

Whoa. "something" bad happened to the pressure data. At motor burn out,
around 11000 feet and 3.5 seconds, the barometric pressure stopped
decreasing, even though the rocket was going up at over mach 1. Looks
like the RRC2+ got confused by this and eventually deployed a drogue
chute at 6.5 seconds in to the flight. 1.5 seconds later, TeleMetrum
also fired the drogue charge; presumably the rocket was heading down by
that point. Because you were going fast, TeleMetrum was flying on
accelerometer, so it wasn't fooled by the weird barometric pressure
reading.

If I had to bet, I'd say that the static port got completely plugged
when the airframe started decelerating. Do you have the raw data from
the RRC2+ board to compare?

Sorry to hear about your "adventures"; let us know if you discover
anything else about the flight. I'm going to use the data you sent to do
some testing of our EasyMini flight software to make sure it responds
reasonably in this case. It's also a baro-only device, so it may have
the same failure mode as the RRC2+ in this case.

--
-keith