Sebastian,

Baro chamber can be nothing more than a canning jar and syringe or similar
setup. It doesn't take much volume to generate a good apparent change in
height. You can put another trusted bit of hardware in there for testing
(and save a ride-along flight). TARC teams have gotten egg in/around the
same sensor and it cleaned up well and was still functional. (Data was
correlated with another device for testing.)

Doug