what are ppl more partial to using?  I'm using dump right now, but there
are *alot* of files that I'm backing up there there is no reason to
backup, since restoring them is useless (ie. postgresql databases whose
state is questionable when backed up) ...

>From reading the docs, I can't seem to find any way of doing an exclusion
list for dump, and the man page for dump re-enforces that ... so ...

... what are general opinions?  ppl moving to gnu-tar vs dump, or just
living without the ability to do exclusions?

thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org