Hi!

> >But, after rewinding the tape i become another error:
> >root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin > ./amrestore /dev/nst0 king
> >amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
> This was right after a rewind?  If so, then that's not an Amanda tape.
> Or it cannot be read.
> Try this with this tape:
>   mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
>   dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k count=1

Running with no Problems and give me:

root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin > mt -f/dev/nst0 rewind
root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin > dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k count=1
AMANDA: TAPESTART DATE 20010223 TAPE Daily04

1+0 Records ein
1+0 Records aus
root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin >

> This should display the Amanda label.

Jepp, that is correct :-)

> >I think i must change the tape because amanda uses two tapes per dump and
> > at this moment the second tape is in the slot. Is this correct?
> You're correct that you have to have the right tape mounted before you
> run amrestore.  But I think something else is wrong with your tapes.

So, i think it´s a correct Tape in the slot, and i'm typing

root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin > ./amrecover
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2-19991216-beta1. Contacting server on fileserver ...
amrecover: Unexpected server end of file
root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin >

The amrestore command is working fine, but it is to hard to select some files
that must be rerstored. I think amrecover is better, because it browse the
Database for the files (and i can select the files i need?) that i need.
But what an error is this?
Bye Juergen