Hi!

> >> Huh?  No output at all???
> >The file has 0 Bytes :-(  ...
> What file?  The amrecover program?

Yes, and i don't know why amrecover has 0 Byte. Bu i have a copy :-)

> >> The first place to look is /tmp/amanda/amindexd*debug on the server.
> >The result of this run is :
< >amindexd: debug 1 pid 3228 ruid 560 euid 560 start time Thu Mar  1
> > 09:14:29 2001amindexd: version 2.4.2-19991216-beta1

Is this ok or are you missing some?

> What does your inetd.conf line (or the config file for xinetd) look like
> for amandaidx?
In /etc/inetd.conf :
[...]

amandaidx  stream  tcp  nowait  amanda  /usr/sbin/tcpd/  usr/local/libexec
amidxtape  stream  tcp  nowait  amanda  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/local/libexe
amanda  dgram  udp  wait  amanda  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/local/libexec

[...]

That are the three lines for amanda. The index exists on the fileserver for
the fileserver and the client:
/usr/local/etc/amanda/index/fileserver/sdb1
/usr/local/etc/amanda/index/fileserver/sdc1
/usr/local/etc/amanda/index/fileserver/sdc1
/usr/local/etc/amanda/index/king/hdb1

That are the index directories for the Sever and the client. In this
directories are files called 20010215_0.gz and so on.

It's a compressed ASCII File with directories and filenames from the
harddrive that i will be backed up.

> > I had compiled and installed amanda in /usr/local/sbin and when i'm
> > compiling and installing a new version af amanda i will install it in the
> > same directory e.g. /usr/local/sbin
> >must i remove the older files or will there be overwritten?
> They will be overwritten.

That's fine. So i will install the newer Version of amanda when i have a
little more time  :-)

Bye Juergen

--
Dies ist eine Microsoft freie Mail!