Check /tmp/amanda/amandad.debug to see if GNUTAR="/usr/local/bin/tar" appears in
the list of configuration options near the top of the file.  If not, I suspect
you didn't clear the cached configure output from your original build before you
re-ran configure with your new options.

Frank

--On Friday, June 14, 2002 16:51:47 +0100 Kenny MacPherson