Also Sprach Steve Follmer:

> I should clarify that I was quoting the article.
> I will forward this to the author:
>   capital B is for Bytes
>   lower-case b is for bits
> So you are saying she cited a rate 8x faster than reality.
>
> -Steve Follmer
> "Hear me now, believe me later"

Yes. 1.5Gbps = 188 MBps which is a bit less than 2x 100 MBps which is
ATA 100. So that's certainly what makes sense in the context of the
article.

Networking people tend to think in bits and storage people in bytes.
So guess what happens in articles about Storage Area Network technologies.

Then again I make the same mistake ( B vs b ) all the time, but
that's because, uh, my shift key sticks. Yeah, that's it.

----
C. Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    GPG Public Key registered at pgp.mit.edu
"Your Pithy Aphorism Here!"      Or finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]