Stefan,

> Dunno if Brian's "nofull" strategy would pick the same files. And I also
> don't know how to generate the incrementals when there was never a full
> backup. Is that only done by looking at the files?

I'd meant that you might be able to use level 1 to find only
the latest added to the DLE on the NAS. I was not looking at
the composition of the tar balls nor how they where generated,
just trying to have the 'most recent' found my amanda.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 04:14:31PM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 29.11.2011 15:32, schrieb Jens Berg:

> > Just remembered the -h option of gnutar, which dereferences symlinks. So
> > you should be able to create a directory on you amanda server, create
> > symlinks to the required target files of your mounted CIFS share and run
> > amdump on that directory with a dumptype definition using gnutar -h
>
> yep, thanks.
>
> Right now I have it mounted via mount.cifs and browse the files to get a
> feeling for what is possible.
>
> For example I could run
>
> # find . -type f -mtime -1
>
> and tar up these files somewhere on the amanda server to dump them later.
>
> Unfortunately the filenames are rather stupid. The timestamp in the
> filename does not correspond to the ctime ... for example. At least
> there is an "F" in it for FULL, I assume.
>
> -
>
> Dunno if Brian's "nofull" strategy would pick the same files. And I also
> don't know how to generate the incrementals when there was never a full
> backup. Is that only done by looking at the files?
>
> It isn't absolutely necessary to get the latest full backups of all VMs,
> if I get all the latest changes every day (or week, gotta see how to fit
> all that into schedule) I also get some stuff to rely on ...
>
> Stefan
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.