Greetings all;

I have been following the recomendations spit out by amcheck as I am
needing to restore a machine after the machine in that spot failed.

I am now down to this error, and apparently something in the installer
did setup the amanda-client correctly.

gene@GO704:/etc$ sudo  amrecover -C Daily -h coyote
AMRECOVER Version 3.3.1. Contacting server on localhost ...
NAK: execute access to "/usr/lib/amanda/amindexd" denied

What are the correct user:group and access rights to this file?

Better question yet, why does it not exist?

Because on that machine, with 3.3.1 amanda-client and amanda-common
freshly installed, that file is not there.

Slowly running out of hair folks.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)