amanda amdump archive".
Each configuration has its own storage definition with tape names starting with
R or A ( ^A[0-9]{5}$ ) respectively.
They share holding disk but i always flush it so it is only used for slow DLEs
to avoid the drive starting and stopping a lot.

Is that what you are trying to do or did i read incorrectly?

Anton "exuvo" Olsson
   ex...@exuvo.se

On 2022-08-23 10:15, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 10.08.22 um 08:52 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

What I try:

storage1 should leave the lev0 backups in the holding disk after writing to
tapes in pool1

storage2 should be allowed to remove them when written to the tapes in pool2

Does noone else use multiple storage definitions?

I have it in 3 sites now, various configs.

The main one is the one with the "split tape changer": 4 tapes for daily, 4
tapes for archive

The current plan:

* storage1 (daily) uses

runtapes 1
dumpselection ALL ALL

and runs monday to friday

-> do incrementals and fulls in mix, only use 1 tape/day

* storage2 (archive) uses

runtapes 4
dumpselection ALL FULL

and runs on saturday (or sunday)

-> only write FULLs to the tapes, use 4 tapes to get all DLEs onto one set of
tapes

-

I don't get all fulls into the holding disks so I have to use "holdingdisk never"
for some DLEs (there are Veeam vbk files on one LVM volume, and one holding disk is another
LVM volume in the same VG -> no sense to copy that anyway).

What I try to come up with:

how to trigger fulls on the weekend?

I plan to use "amadmin archive force *" before starting "amdump archive -o
storage=archive" on weekends.

OK?

Some fulls could/should be collected in the holdingdisk by running the daily
backups. This could be achieved by using the right *-threshold values, I assume.

All this gets quite complicated quickly, at least for me ;-)

Maybe I overlook something, maybe I don't yet fully understand some parts here.

Would be great to discuss this with others, thanks.