Jan,

Very pleased it worked.

> After loading my fix amount of screens, witch are the same as on the
> Arduino it took significant more time to save and load the new
> image. Is this by the structure of the Mega?

Not an answer to your question, but it seemed to take longer than I
wished! If you load atmega2560.frt, which is twice the size of
atmega328p.frt, it will take longer.

I ended up deciding what my base set of .frt files would be, loading
them via amshell once, then used avrdude to write an image of the
flash and eeprom to my pc. I would then write these instead to the
atmega2560 when I did something such that the atmega2560 was no longer
talking to me. Despite the substantial size of the files, it seemed
quicker to burn them with avrdude (and a small sck period) than burn
atmega2560.hex, atmega2560.eep.hex, and then load the base set of .frt
with amshell.

Best wishes,
Tristan