Hello Mark, hello all,

congrats to your hack-box! :)

This is very close to what I am currently using (software wise).
I had ordered a Hifive Unmatched, a riscv64 computer in miniITX
Format. And once I got it going with Debian unstable, I
installed: avra, minicom (terminal), avrdude (burner), perl and
my scripts to use it for dabbling with amForth. No wine and
avrasm.exe involved. I have not upgraded my avra along the lines
mentioned recently, but I plan to. Granted, it is a much bigger
machine, but at least it is not collecting dust.

The warning with "'" missing a closing ' ... yes well. It does
work in the end, so no sweat.

Cheers,
Erich

Mark Roth <cablegu...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all.
>
> I managed to day to cobble together my AmForth "computer" which is pretty
> much the reason for avoiding using wine to build things. It consists of a
> raspberry pi zero W v1(whatever point 5 maybe) as a base with raspian lite
> on it. That has a usb hub, an old palm pilot folding keyboard the
> connection to my uart for the controller and the usbasp to program. The
> display was a bit overboard as it's a waveshare hdmi 800x480 7 inch thing
> that makes it possible to actually use it for real.
>
> Tonight I managed to get all the cobbled bits to work together and to build
> everything including avra on the zero then flash the controller. So, no
> real computer but using e4thcom after flashing let me get in and use that
> nice big screen as a terminal.
>
> I still haven't sorted out the single tick thing but I can kind of see
> where it is coming from in avra. Pretty sure my C skills have faded over
> the decades that it may just be a problem to look past.
>
> I guess now it's time to work on a nice box for the whole thing so I could
> sit anywhere, plug in a powerbank and hack away. I'll try and get some
> better documentation up soon but it really wasn't terribly difficult. It
> was really really nice to do everything from Raspian knowing that wine
> wasn't an option.
>
> Enjoy the weekend,
> Mark

May the Forth be with you ...