On 15-Mar-00, Splatt wrote:

> anyway.. so when i press F6 (ctcp ignore) it ofcourse ignores
> Actions.. at action is a ctcp.. but i dont want to ignore actions..

One of the major (IMO) annoyances of the IRC protocol is the necessity
of treating actions as CTCPs. This leads to a ton of problems on *all*
IRC clients when you want to treat actions like public messages (or
when you want to treat /describes as /msgs). I wish the IRC protocol
would change so that /me would be somehow rolled into public messages
and behave exactly in same ways, and /describes would be rolled into
/msgs somehow and behave exactly in the same ways. This, IMO, would
make things a lot easier, at least the way I tend to use IRC.

I can't offer a solution to your problem, sadly, but I had to rant to
get that off my chest. :)

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
|  -- Samy Merchi | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://mash.yok.utu.fi  |
|  Reader & fan of superhero comics; writer of superhero fanfiction  |
|  Female supremacist; anarchist; personal pacifist; mass darwinist  |
----------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________________
AmIRC Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"

Reply via email to