Ian Kumlien wrote:
> Yep, did that for xchat since it lacked it. And as i said i'm pretty
> confident that amirc has checks for low port numbers, i would actually
> be very surprised if it lacked it... mIRC and other ppl inspired by mirc
> seem to lack the "what source port i can use" clue... =P

I *think* I've seen it accept low port number sends, but tbh so long
since I was messing with it, can't remember...

>>Hrm... how about a ctcp-send protocol, bet the server admins would kill
>>me though ;-P
>
> Well, dcc is a ctcp, ie it starts and ends with \001.

That's only the initial "here's what I want you to do" bit - dcc then
sends all the data direct from A to B - was meaning a true ctcp-send
protocol, using ctcp to send all the data too... Might actually be
useful for broadcast type sends etc, but not worth the extra overhead of
sending it all through the server (no doubt if it was finalised servers
would start blocking it pretty quickly...)

Robin
--
· Phone: (+44) [0]7968 967441
· Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]