On Wed, 03 May 2006 15:45:48 -0400, Vivia Nikolaidou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Youness Alaoui wrote:

On Wed, 03 May 2006 14:07:22 -0400, Lee Olson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I took a look at the wiki and realized that some areas are quite
>outdated.  For example: the Next Release TODO, in our case (0.96).
>
>http://amsn.sourceforge.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=NextReleaseTODO

Hi Lee, thanks for taking the time to look at this. If I remember
correctly, Vivia already took good care of the TODO, it is up to date in
the wiki afaik, anything in there are real bugs/feats that we 'might
want' to implement some day, some of them won't be implemented because
they are low pri or we have no clue on how to fix them... The wiki page
is named Next Release TODO, which is wrong, it should instead be an
Overal TODO list...

I took care of it to just remove DONE things. That is a huge TODO list
though, and I'm not sure we want all this stuff to be done. I just can't
start removing stuff without asking anyone. How about each one of us
adding an asterisk on items that they'd like to be removed? (No cheating,
no adding 5 asterisks :P just discuss the reason why you'd LOVE to see
that item gone in the ML!)

hello,
yes, it's a huge TODO list, but it's a TODO (as in 'things to do') not a MUDO(as in 'must do' :D) I don't think we should remove anything.. any new idea, or bug to be fixed should be in that TODO, they should be removed only if :
1 - they are fixed
2 - they became invalid (example, 'add option to configure linphone port..') if not one of these 2 reasons, we should keep them, maybe in 100 years, we'll have no work (or our grandchildren) or we'll have 100 devels working full time, and we'll "need to add new feats!", oh, there's the TODO, it had tons of new feature suggestions, great ideas, stuff that we never had the time to do, and then, our grandchildren will say "damn, vivia removed them" and they'll all turn to vivia's grandchildren and beat them up :D

It's also a good idea to move GUI tweaks to winskin!

GUI tweaks as in ? give me an example... also, winskin plugin.. maybe it should be renamed...

>Do we need to keep any of this? If so, we can just add it to the 0.96
>TODO.  Also, how are we going to deal with the TODO?  I know there's
>an IRC TODO, the wiki TODO, a TODO file included with aMSN.
>The IRC TODO is a good idea and I see there is a link to it from the
>wiki, KaKaRoTo, is this TODO-list automatically updated?

It is indeed problematic since none of us ever had the time/motivation
to build a 0.96 TODO... we have a lot of TODO items, but we needed to
select which ones are high pri enough for next release..  now the TODO
is almost closed, because of the proxy bugs, we need 0.96 out of the
doors asap, if it weren't for small bugs that still keep popping up,
vivia was supposed to release 0.96 last week (I annouced that last
time...)

Me? Release 0.96? No offence, but m9awda allik :P [*] Not only I am no
amsn admin, I am also the newest team member!!

yo, you're the one m9awda allik, I think there is a small misunderstanding here, I never said YOU would release it, calm down girl, you have no power in the chain of command here :P what I meant was that you were supposed to determine when the release is 'ready' and launch the release processes (we need to create packages, upload them, wait 1 week for the sync, etc...), and don't forget... there WILL be an RC1 this time...

I was supposed to add tls 1.5 available for download, which needs testing
first, and I really should have done that. But... to release 0.96... not
really :P Besides, we can't release until we are 100% sure that these new
webcam features work OK (don't forget we still can't pause when using
reflector, and I dunno how to do these modifications you talked about!)

which is why we'll have an RC1... and about tls1.5.. what's the prob ? you need to add the binary packages for the different platforms (unix, windows, x64, mac) and change the autodownloadfer for tls... what is the rpbolem ?(don't forget to change the package ifneeded from 1.5 to 1.50 in case users have tcl/tk 8.5)...

[*] really, REALLY j/k, i don't mean it :)

I know, don't worry, it might be vulgar, but in this case it means nothing more than 'you're crazy', so no need to 'REALY j/k" ;)

the TODO file included with aMSN is not to be used anymore I think, look
at the CVS history, I think it's been 2years since the last time that
file got updated... it's nowhere need up to date.. and I think the
original TODO page in the wiki was created by copying the content of
that TODO file, so I don't think we can miss anything from it, but I
wouldn't mind a double check on that... I think the best way is to
delete its content and simply paste the link to the wiki in it, in case
someone reads it, at least he'll get the correct info...

good idea (Y) but then the wiki page also needs a link to the tracker
(Ouch, that's also outdated)
cool

about the IRC todo, yes, it is updated everyday (at 7:30 PM eastern
time), I don't want it to be known by users because they might find out
how it works abnd start 'requesting features' through IRC buy using the
special tags for the script.. which we already had a few times, some
users find noone on the channel and they reported the bug or feature
using [TODO]..

lol, hadn't noticed :)

yes you did, I saw you chatting with the user when he was [TODO]ing the bot :@

Also, that TODO list is basically for developers I think, it shouldn't
be public.. and shouldn't be used as it is, if you look at it, you'll
see some stuff marked as [DONE] and others marked as [TASKED], that todo
list is there to help the lazy ones to easily add something they have in
mind before the connection timesout in their brain... then all the todo
items in there are moved to the SF task tracker, some devels were
assigned some takss, and they are working on it in there and it seems to
go well this way. I think we should :
1 - either move all the TODO list into the task tracker
2 - use the TODO list AND the task tracker at the same time...  just
    like we do now...

I go with 2
/me too

I see the TODO as an overall todo, and the tasks as must dos.. for 'a soon to be released version' not a 'for our grandchildren version'

>The TODO file included with aMSN needs to be cleaned and up to date if
>we want to continue to use it, otherwise, we could just include a link
>to where it can be found on our wiki and remove all the old.

I agree

>How does everyone else deal with the TODO? I think having the wiki TODO
>along with the link to the ircTODO is the best idea, we just need to
>make sure it's up to date.

Exactly....... I agree 100% :)

euhh.. 100% ? so you agree we put a link to the ircTODO ... which contradicts what you just agreed on a few lines above :p

I thnk noone deals with the TODO :P well, Vivia will tell you more I
guess since she's the one making sure it's up to date, she did a great
job working on amsn for 0.96 and cleaning up the TODO (by cleaning the
todo page and by removing the bugs/feats)

Yes but I'd love it if someone could deal with this now as I'm out of
energy. Lee, can you do it? :)

Thanx,

Viv

KaKaRoTo