I like the idea to move from TCL to Python, i really do hate TCL in many ways.
Python that even is a highlevel language is much faster and more relaible than TCL.
I think this migration will only make aMSN better, and indeed if you drop TCL you will get more hackers. Iam not the only one hating TCL ^^