On 8/21/06, Youness Alaoui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
py2exe will create an executable in native code, out of the python code (or maybe it's a python interpreter with bundled pyc/pyo byte code
objects... (reminds me of freewrap for tcl/tk)

Yeah it's the latter, it bundles everything you need along with the interpreter.

also pyrex converts python to C which can be compiled (bad idea)...

There's also psyco: http://psyco.sourceforge.net/
But I reckon such optimization tools are more appropriate for really performance-sensitive code, like realtime audio processing, etc. :-)

anyways, the default python IDE looks like crap, I rtied it, hated it (maybe not used to it).. also, the 'help' of python looks awefull.. didn't
look in the website or anything, just plain 'python -> help'.. it's hard to find what you want or to even know how to use the help...

The default IDE is indeed crap. :-) I personally prefer PyDev (http://pydev.sourceforge.net/), which is a plugin for Eclipse. It has code completion, refactoring, integrated debugging and lots of other goodies.

Regards,
Ole André

but the language looks promising, apart from the indentation problem, it looks fairly nice. I only wonder if there is any alternatives, or a fork
of python which allows for normal, braced syntax...

p.s.: old, huge code is not so easy to read imo...

KKRT