Hi,

BTW guys, I've already removed the 90% of the box* images on the new
Sapphire (only keept the top ones), and amsn is already  faster rendering
the CL window...
Anyone could test on my posted SVN around the ML....

Now, if someone care to respond most of my post, will be could. If
users/devs/whatever wants to include the improved Sapphire skin, just let me
know and i will try to finish the small details before amsn 0.98 to be
released.
Otherwise, i will not hurry.

Bye

2009/2/1 Youness Alaoui <kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net>

> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Stéphane Bisinger <
> stephane.bisin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2009/2/1 Youness Alaoui <kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net>:
>> > The reason why I want it to be a skin option instead of a user option is
>> > simply to avoid having too many options... a while ago (a few years
>> already)
>> > we had decided that if we ever need to add a new option, we would remove
>> one
>> > too.. that's why we didn't have a lot of options added to the
>> preferences
>> > window, and we try to avoid adding new options as much as possible.. the
>> > users are already completely lost with all the options we have, so it's
>> > bad...
>>
>> The options are indeed too many, on the "advanced" tab at least.
>> Couldn't you add some way to hide advanced options in each tab so that
>> by default users only see basic options, but if they want the can also
>> have some more options? I can't remember where I saw something like
>> that, but the idea is that each tab has very few options and then a
>> separator with a button to show the advanced options only if the user
>> wishes to. It's just a possible idea to mainly reduce the visible
>> options (and not an excuse to add more - probably useless - tabs).
>
> yeah, I know what you mean and I agree, unfortunately, noone is here with
> enough free time and dedication and motivation and blablabla to do it..
> that's an idea I had for a while, and actually, there was a start of a
> rewrite for a completely new preferences window that would look much better,
> but it was never completed.. thre was a huge thread about this a few years
> ago where we had a good design on how to make the new prefs window more user
> friendly and still give a full customization power to the user....
>

>> With my 1,6 eurocents we are at about 6 cents, we may soon be able to
>> buy us a chewing gum ;)
>
> How are we going to split it? :p
>

>> --
>> Stéphane