No, options is not a good idea... I think the user must have a fast skin,
that's it... what makes it so slow is the fact that we have that many
options to check everytime we're drawing...

The most CPU consuming processes I think are :

1 - dealing with transparency.. so alpha blending in images should be
avoided when possible

2 - resizing of images.. which means the box image for a group... same with
the scrollbar and I think the topbar of the chat window.. those are the
images being resized depending on the geometry of the win... in our case,
the group box is the one causing an issue...

Maybe have a skin option (not a user option) that says 'use_box' or
something.. so if there is no box_* files, then amsn will not load the
images, and resize a 0x0 image to XxY, etc...

This should also fix the problem so many people have... they change the skin
and all skins have that box_* thing even if it's not supposed to, simply
because most of our skins are old and unmaintained and do not have the box_*
files, so the ones from default skin are taken... So having the 'use_box'
option set to false by default would be great!

KaKaRoTo