Really? That would make me feel much better. But older postings and
some
sources supported that in general external jars may not work under
Android
and that their corresponding source should be compiled with its SDK
before
they can be used - which throws reusability out of the window. In any
case,
then it makes no sense as to why the classes are not visible in the
emulator
even though I (finally) managed to include the jars in the apk -
having them in
the classpath does not do it. Including them in the assets dir will ..
unless
someone else knows of a better way to do it ( I did use the export and
order
and no it doesn't work).

Thanks Dan