Hi Mark,

so it does seem that if the jars are not compiled under Android, the
Android
plug in (if the Eclipse Project Build Automatically is checked)
rejects them from
the apk - in other cases it does not generate the apk at all.

Some of the libs I need are part of the Java's standard libs
(ex. java.awt.*; does exist in Android SDK but
java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
does not). So I am guessing that either I should find a compatibility
library
written for Android for these libs or to avoid using them and use only
what Android offers.

Thanks for helping out with your pointers on this