I updated one of my apps on Tuesday.  I have noticed that the active install
numbers were accumulating at a higher rate than my download numbers.  So, I
think as people update the app, it is putting the active installs back to
normal.  So far I've only gone up 1%, but it's nice to see it seemingly go
back to normal.

Justin