I've been working on an application that requires the user to record
some audio, and for that audio to be sent my server.  On our end, we
then analyze that audio and return results to the user.  The percieved
performance of our application benefits greatly from being able to
start sending the audio data to our server while the user is still
recording.

My problem:

The MediaRecorder class only seems to support writing to a file at the
moment.  This audio data seems to be flushed to this output file in
4kB chunks, which works out to about 7 seconds of audio.  This means I
can't start sending any data to my server until after the first 7
seconds of recording (and then I can't send anything again for another
7 seconds, and so on).  Ideally I would like to start sending the
audio to the server much sooner, and in much smaller chunks than
that.  This is not only to minimize the potential impact of a slow
connection, but also so that I can start processing the chunks of
audio earlier.

The perfect situation would be that when the user stops recording
audio, I will have already received and processed almost all that he/
she recorded, with only a very small chunk leftover.

Thanks for your help.