I can only tell you that the feature is done. The timing of when you
see a device in the field that supports it is up to the deployment
manager.

It's important to remember that Android is a platform, and just
because the platform advances doesn't necessarily mean that all
devices are advancing in lockstep. Each deployment manager will make
choices based on their own business case. For example, the G1 has
different deployments based on region.