On Dec 2, 5:22 am, "Dorn Hetzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe we need to start another mailing list for unrequited android
> realtimeaudio:)

I'm all for focused discussion on this topic as it crosses between
native concerns and public APIs via the SDK. In my longer original
post I mentioned that it would be appropriate to evaluate how to not
only getting something workable on the G1, but keep in mind that
Android can/will be used in the future conceivably beyond smart phones
in devices/hardware that may support expanded audio I/O options. I
favor PortAudio (www.portaudio.com) for the task as it can provide a
workable real time audio API for desktop Java and Android audio
development/porting to other hardware configurations. It is also low
level enough to say even implement javax.sound on top of it for those
interested in that particular API. More discussion is welcome
especially in understanding unspecified work being done for the next
SDK release.

Best,
--Mike