In many ways, using the compat framework makes me a little nervous.  The
ApiDemo I looked at had an overarching Activity that managed two fragments
and while it was a simple example and only had a few "is landscape, do two
fragments, else, do one", I can imagine a real world app being far more
complicated to migrate to that model.

I'm curious how many have taken the approach of having both "modes" in one
app.  I would love to hear some experiences from having made this migration
to the compat framework.