What exactly is leaking? What is the chain of references causing the leak?
If what you are describing is true it would affect pretty much every Android
application, which seems unlikely.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM, ivan <istas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using a deice.
>
> You should be testing this on an emulator in addition to your device.
> Your device may have its own set of bugs and (strangely enough) the
> home screen can impact this sort of thing as well. For a problem like
> this, the emulator will be a truer test of what the unmodified Android
> code will do. Use a standalone emulator and the standalone DDMS
> (tools/ddms from your SDK installation) to ensure Eclipse is not the
> one causing you difficulty.
>
> On the plus side, I didn't realize you could dump the heap of a
> process that's running on hardware, so that's good to know.
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy
> http://commonsware.com/blog | http://twitter.com/commonsguy
>
> _The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version
> 1.9.2 Available!

Romain Guy
Android framework engineer
romain...@android.com

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them