Ok found something really strange.

I reproduced your error and I noticed that my XML files were doing the same
things yours was in a fresh install except one named main.xml. Well, I
noticed that all the others I had had underscores in them, i.e.
main_view.xml.

I removed the underscore from them and they worked... !?  Check your XML
file names and see if the same thing is happening to you.  Every one of the
files that I removed the underscore from started working right.

Steven
Studio LFP
http://www.studio-lfp.com