How about placing a layout or something on top of your surface view and
place a progress control there or something.
That would be the least intrusive i think.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Kristopher Micinski
<krismicin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Christopher Van Kirk
> <christopher.vank...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does this preserve your GL context? I thought GL context goes away when
> its
> > parent activity does.
> >

> Maybe not?  I don't know anything about GL, I'm the completely wrong
> person to ask on that one, but if it's just a splash screen you throw
> up while loading stuff, then you switch to the "main" activity, why
> does it matter?  (Maybe it does, I just don't see why.)
>
> kris

~ Jeremiah:9:23-24
Android 2D MMORPG: http://solrpg.com/,
http://www.youtube.com/user/revoltingx