On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Nathan <nathan.d.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2:20 am, Nikolay Elenkov <nikolay.elen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> In short, save yourself the trouble and don't bother :)
>>
>> Using Dropbox, or Google Drive(?), or whatever will
>> give you less headaches.
>
> I'm not sure how that helps developers, and I am not sure I can not
> bother.

I guess that came out wrong, sorry. My point was, that if you are
providing a backup/export, etc. feature, saving data to 'the cloud'
is generally easier than trying to deal with 'external storage'
in its many shapes and sizes.  Most users think external=SD card
 and then you get the troubles you are having. That said,

> My customers easily create 8Gig or more of files with my app, so they
> care about what volume the app puts files on.

obviously 'the cloud' is not a good option if your data is in the GB
range.  Not sure what is.