On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM, farmerbb <burgess_fam...@amtelecom.net> wrote:
> I apologise if I was not clear.  Since I personally do not have the ability
> to write code for Android, I only hired someone to write what I wanted.   I
> would like to know if I add a separate file to my app posting on the App
> Store site, will it be accepted, rejected, or cause nastiness like a crash.
> I think it useful to ask before doing something like this.  The separate
> file will be a small database that the search-engine app needs to do
> anything useful.

Maybe you should get your engineer to post here instead?

There are different ways to bundle a file with your app, but all of them
require some code modification to the app. You can't just upload a file
and hope that the app will pick it app. The Play Store does have
the ability to distribute expansion files, but for a few hundred kilobytes
it will be easier to bundle the file in the app as an asset or raw resource.
Either way, you need to get your programmer to update the app and
possibly work on the UI to guide people through the database
download/update process.

More about expansion files:

http://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html

---