We were hoping that it would get resolved very soon after the release
of the ADP1, and it's been taking much much much much longer than
anyone had anticipated (even myself, albeit a permanent pessimist when
it comes to schedules, didn't see that one coming at all).

Like I said above, this isn't an oversight. Making official flashable
images available has always been part of the ADP1 plan. Sometimes
however some scheduling disasters happen and a tiny grain of sand can
block an otherwise well-oiled machine for very long times. This is one
of those times.

The ADP1 1.1 situation has made February a very painful month for
everyone involved. I totally understand your frustration, and, knowing
myself, I would be vending on the list exactly the way you currently
are if I happened to be in your situation.

Even if you don't want to trust Google at this point, I'm asking that
you trust me when I say that I'm doing everything that I can to get
this issue resolved.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru