On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:44:21AM -0800, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:

>Even if you don't want to trust Google at this point, I'm asking that
>you trust me when I say that I'm doing everything that I can to get
>this issue resolved.
>
>JBQ

You've always been as forthright as possible for issues under your purview.
At least, that's been my impression.  Still, I am still a little confused by
"resolved".

I'm developing OSS apps and have no intention of turning on the content
protection flags on anything I submit.  However, I plan to purchase an ADP1
very soon.  My plan has always been to have this be my primary device.  Like
many of the other hobbyists here on the list, I can little afford two
devices.  I was very much hoping that the ADP1 would serve all of my
development needs and allow me to download free apps and purchase paid apps
that caught my fancy.

Now, I understand that you have no access to roadmaps or ETAs.  But, when you
say "resolved", does this mean that at some point in the future I will be able
to use an ADP1 to access paid apps?  I'm not making a living from this, so
it's not a time critical issue for me, but if I knew that the eventual outcome
would be something I consider favorable, I would be put entirely at ease.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org