DRM tends to be based on Cryptography and yes, all cryptography is
breakable, but the aim of it is to ensure the information is worthless
by the time it's broken, so in the case of a license, the application
would should have been superseded by a newer version by the time you
expect someone to crack the DRM.

Most DRM doesn't cause anyone any pain when the content is used in the
manner for which a license has been purchased, the "pain" tends to come
when people want to use content in ways they may not have a license for
(e.g. ripping a movie to a hard disk in a different format, moving
software between machines).

I've seen both sides of the DRM fence, and although I would love a world
where everyone could be trusted to pay for what they use, it's not the
world we live in, and so I'd happily accept measures to allow content
providers (such as developers) to protect themselves against the
minority of users who rip them off by freely handing out copies of
applications because at the level we're dealing with sales of 10 or 20
copies of an application per week can make a real difference to whether
or not a developer carries on writing applications.

Al.

--

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/ *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.