On 2/27/09, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>  DRM in this discussion is a mechanism that allows developers to say "I
>  don't want my application to be available on devices from which it can
>  be copied".

Given rooted devices, would it make more sense to look for DRM which
locked an app to a particular device ID (or user ID), no matter what
kind of device it was?  It seems like the Market has to keep track of
which device (or perhaps person) downloaded/purchased which apps
already, so the user can download them again if needed.

I'm no expert on DRM, but it seems to me there are some pieces
available for a different solution to the problem.

Steve