Al Sutton wrote:
> I'm afraid I think you're wrong.
>
> The reason for this is that last week I listed an application on Market
> and it's been received pretty well (Mostly 4 or 5 stars, average at the
> moment is 4 after 29 ratings), but, the first one star rating came less
> than 4 hours after publishing the app from a developer of a competing
> product whose comments was "[insert product name] is easier and open
> source". So I think you're overestimating the honesty and
> professionalism of some developers.

Granted. Perhaps I was being somewhat idealistic. Maybe the
accountability would require a listing of apps each dev is involved
with? Or just not permitting the mention of any other competing apps
by name - to prevent promotion, and encourage constructive feedback.

Ideas on other ways to prevent this scenario from happening?