Hi - have a look at Diffusion - http://www.pushtechnology.com - I used
this to push/stream data to a blackberry app and a website
simultaneously. It has a nice feature called 'best message delivery'
which ensures you can’t flood a device with the content you push to it
(i.e. use to much battery power/lock it) – we were streaming foreign
exchange rates which change about 8 times a second…, without causing
either devices any problems). It has an open protocol so it should be
possible to connect and receive data from any device/application that
can open a socket. I think there is an Android library already
packaged with it so you shouldn’t have to write your own library to
get your self up and running, although the protocol is fairly straight
forward if there isn’t one.