Greg Donald wrote:
> So how would I go about reverting to an older firmware, while also
> preventing Sprint from pushing the broken version to my phone
> automatically later?

Beats me, short of finding some rooting instructions.

> I recall clearly, my firmware upgraded itself in
> the Sprint store the day I bought it.  They said it was "automatic".
> Is there some kind of "no-automatic" switch for firmware I don't know
> about?

Well, the HTC Heroes in my possession are straight from HTC, not from
Sprint.

What's odd is that even if I manually check for updates, mine don't find
any. The one that's not on the Sprint network (just WiFi) doesn't even
tell me there's no firmware available -- it just quietly stops searching.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 1.0 In Print!