On Oct 29, 12:58 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> If this is only happening on Hero, it needs to be reported to HTC, not as a
> generic platform bug.

I reported the issue to HTC and they said they couldn't reproduce it,
didn't ask me a firmware version or anything.  See their response
below.

So Diane is saying this is not a generic Android platform bug because
it's only on HTC Heros, and then HTC is denying the bug exists even
though many people in this very thread say they are experiencing it
and can reproduce it.

This really pisses me off.  Whose bug is this?  How is it ever going
to get fixed?  I guess I'm going back to Apple/iPhone development.  If
this is how "open" Android development works, I'm out.

Dear Greg Donald,

The HTC Customer Service Representative that has been handling your
message would like to know if your question has been successfully
answered. You can reply to or close your question by visiting:

http://ContactUs.htc.com/wFrmMailLogin.aspx

Ticket Number : [ 09USCW44ENA001067 ]

If you do not respond to or close your question within 15 days, it
will be closed automatically.

Sincerely,

HTC

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit
us at www.htc.com if you have any questions or need further
assistance.

New Response From [ Alvin (NA Team) ]
Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC America Technical Support
via E-Mail with your inquiry about a reported bug on code.google.com.
My name is A.J. and I will be happy to assist you today.

First, let me apologize for the extreme delay in response to your
original inquiry. HTC has recently released a plethora of new devices
in several markets as well as software updates for several of our
current models. The response to these devices and OS updates has been
overwhelming but we are working diligently to provide the best support
possible for our customers. Thank you for your patience.

I have tested this on 2 of our Sprint HTC Heroes and one European
model. I was unable to replicate the issue on any of the device. HTC
does not offer any technical assistance for the Android Market or
applications downloaded from the market. I suggest you contact the
individual vendors for support or Google. I apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause you.

Greg, if you have any future questions about your device please feel
free to visit www.htc.com and send us another e-mail. You may also
enjoy www.htcwiki.com, our customer-based forum, which has a plethora
of information on HTC devices. I would also like to invite you to
participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at
http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/. I hope you have a great day!

HTC America Technical Support
A.J.
Customer Information
Name    Greg Donald
Telephone       615-838-7503
Email Address   gdon...@gmail.com
Country United States
Inquiry Information
Inquiry Type    Technical Support
Inquiry Description     Please see the bug report here:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4419
Issue Date & Time
2009/11/04 02:38