On Nov 16, 9:55 pm, strazzere <str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since reversing an application is a rather menial task now, whats to
> prevent a user from taking your application - stripping the protection
> and re-releasing it? Not to mention that IMEI spoofing to an
> application can be done with a little bit of research.

Measures:
- always sign application by digital signature;
- distribute only over verified channels;
- try to use obfuscation;
- use server side activation.

> More importantly, with your approach - what happens when someone
> strips out the protection, throws it into a nice little program - then
> bombs all the IMEI numbers they want? Then you'll have "pirates" being
> blocked who well, never pirated your application. Seems like an easy
> way to quickly make your blacklist pretty inaccurate.

Levels of piracy threat and maybe for example, auto-level reducing in
specified period of time, will help. I mean if reported 5 or more
piracy installs, then in half of year we do not track any problems
with device, then we will reduce device level from red to brown.
(hierarchy is: green, yellow, brown, red)