On Nov 16, 4:24 pm, AlexK <kucherenko.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 9:55 pm, strazzere <str...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Measures:
> - always sign application by digital signature;
> - distribute only over verified channels;
> - try to use obfuscation;
> - use server side activation.

This hasn't protected any applications released yet, it just seems to
provide developers some time to brush up on third party tools that
tend to break applications :)

Though I will note that server side activation can help - and your
best method would actually to just adopt a pay for service, not pay
for application mentality. By reserving your application data on the
server your preventing the first step towards piracy...

> Levels of piracy threat and maybe for example, auto-level reducing in
> specified period of time, will help. I mean if reported 5 or more
> piracy installs, then in half of year we do not track any problems
> with device, then we will reduce device level from red to brown.
> (hierarchy is: green, yellow, brown, red)

Not a bad solution, but it still keeps you open to random IMEI spam to
your black listing method.