Users reporting that the notification lights are not working as on
earlier devices(let alone LED color customization). Have been chasing
around trying to figure this out until i realized none of the apps are
showing the flashing notification which we have all come to expect on
the device. Not even SMS messages.

I am sure the dog-fooders used the phone long enough to notice that
the typical flashing notification light on top never seems to light up
for notifications. Maybe its only to indicate charging..

While the pulsing trackball is nice, it is not as noticeable, and its
colors cannot be manipulated.

(of course unless i am missing something very obvious)

-g